Last night I dropped my daughter at the airport.
She’s gone on a 6-week trip to France. How exciting but heart breaking for me, the mommy!
I’m letting my baby go for the first time…so I need some cheer up!
So I browsed on the net and found one of my favorite sites when I need cheer up, tinybuddha.com.
So here are some tips to cheer up when your baby leaves you, even if she just turned 20, or when you need to cheer up for any other reason:
1. Step back and self-reflect. Whenever I start feeling depressed, I try to stop, reflect, and get to the root of my feelings.
2. Listen to music. Music can heal, put you in a better mood, make you feel less alone, or take you on a mental journey.
3. Go for a walk. Walking always helps me clear my head and shed negative energy. It’s especially therapeutic if you choose to walk at a scenic location.
4. Write. Writing is usually the first thing I do when I’m feeling down. It always helps me get my thoughts and feelings out in front of me.
5. Take a nap. Sometimes we just need to recharge. I always feel better after getting some rest.
6. Hug someone. I am definitely a hugger. Hugs are such an easy way to express love and care without having to say a word.
7. Laugh. Watch a funny movie or spend time with someone who has a good sense of humor. Laughing releases tension and has a natural ability to heal.
8. Cry. I don’t like crying in front of people, but whenever I have an opportunity to slink away and cry by myself, I always feel better afterwards. Crying releases pain.
9. Focus on what truly matters to you. Sometimes I forget what matters to me and what isn’t that important. Some things just aren’t worth getting too upset over.
10. Let go. Clear your head and let go of the bad feelings with deep breathing. It is very liberating and empowering.
I’m feeling better already and I’m positive my daughter will have a great trip!
Want to join the hottest opportunity on the internet and build your business, Click Here and learn from the best coaches!